What The Thought Leaders Say
This section has been created to share learning from various articles, quotations, blogs, by leaders, scholars, and opinion makers, that pave the way to personal and organizational excellence, prescribe remedies in the uncertain times of global industry, and keep pace with rapidly changing world.
Famous quotes on Strategy, People and Excellence
- You have to be fast on your feet and adaptive or else a strategy is useless. - Charles de Gaulle
- Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances - Sun Tzu
- If you want it, measure it. If you can't measure it, forget it. - Peter Drucker
- There are people who are really good managers, people who can manage a big organization, and then there are people who are very analytic or focused on strategy. Those two types don't usually tend to be in the same person. I would put myself much more in the latter camp.
- Mark Zuckerberg
- The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do.
- Michael E. Porter
- In real life, strategy is actually very straightforward. You pick a general direction and implement like hell - Jack Welch
- Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end. - Immanuel Kant
- Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall. - Stephen R. Covey
- A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world. - John Le Caré
- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. - John C Maxwell
- The task of leadership is not to put greatness into people, but to elicit it, for the greatness is there already. - John Buchan
- Leadership is not magnetic personality that can just as well be a glib tongue. It is not "making friends and influencing people", that is flattery. Leadership is lifting a person's vision to higher sights, the raising of a person's performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations. - Peter F. Drucker
- Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected. - Steve Jobs
- The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence. - Confucius
- If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude." - Colin Powell